Saturday, October 3, 2009

Upsy Daisy goes Pink

Recently a friend asked me to make a thank you card for someone. It had to be bigger than a standard sized card so that several people could sign it. I wanted it to look pretty because I thought that would suit the person receiving it, so I chose pinks!


I used Upsy Daisy again, which I love, and markers to ink it up. The marker colours were Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Close to Cocoa. You can't see it very well, but the flowers have a touch of Dazzling Diamonds glitter, which I felt worked nicely with the silver of the filigree brad.
The cardstock colours are Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink and Pink Pirouette.

A week later it was my grandmother's 89th birthday so I thought I'd make her a similar card. Once again, the prettiness suited her dainty, sweet nature.


It's wet and cold here in Canberra this long weekend. We are having an inside, pottering about kind of day. Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. I love Upsy Daisy in pink. Initially hated this stamp but it is people like you who make cards like this that turned me around to loving it & having to buy it!
    I love your work, you are so talented. Really liked your entry for Keesh's challenge too.
    Better go make a card myself,
    love Fi xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a snap moment for me. I was just thinking that after your workshop I'd like to (1) make another set of Upsy Daisy cards in the style of your magazine layout and (2) try them in pink! Love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Shelley. Cold here in North East Victoria, so good cardmakingbweather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Is this a Stampin Up stamp set ???? Thanks Veronica in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, retired. I don't know what the sentiment is.

      Delete
  5. It's so beautiful your card. Wish you had a tutorial how to make it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.